Monday, October 17, 2016

Prayer Shawl 2 (E)

Crocheting is something I do primarily in easy, flat projects, like blankets. I'm trying to do prayer shawls as Christmas gifts for our local senior residential facility. This is the first time I can remember following a pattern. Well, ok, I did modify the pattern slightly. I didn't add the button hole, and skipped one row for two reasons:

(1) The staff would prefer the shawls to be a little shorter (around 14 inches) so they don't "get in the way" and 
(2) I used up one skein of big blanket yarn, so it was a good place to stop.
The pattern is available for free online. It is an easy pattern, requiring you only know how to chain and do double crochet. It only took be about four hours to crochet and add the large button (different placement than the pattern).

The pattern called for using two strands of yarn together to create a variegated look. I opted to use the Big Blanket yarn since I had recently purchased a few skeins when it was on sale. Oh, yes, I do love a bargain. Yarn and the large button made up the purchased for this shawl and totaled about $7 total.

THIS PRAYER SHAWL IS PART OF THE SANTA FOR SENIORS PROJECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment